3D Generalist artist
We are looking to grow our small but talented team, to build a fast-growing studio that can deliver best in class games, through the use of cutting-edge technology and innovation.
As an Unreal Engine focused studio, we are excited to build our technology based on the latest Unreal Engine 5 features so we are looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us achieve our goals.
To fulfil this mission, we are looking for a talented 3D Generalist Artist who is going to play a key role in the development of an upcoming PC & Console game. This is a remote first position and is an exceptional opportunity to become part of an innovative team composed by talented, creative and technically proficient developers.
This role requires the highest levels of passion and commitment, as well as exceptional technical ability.
As a 3D Generalist Artist, you will form a core part of a small but experienced team on a new project. You will have the chance to join us at the early stages of a game and contribute to the shape and direction it takes. You will work closely with the development team to realise the vision of the game by establishing new pipelines, modelling and texturing assets, ensuring their visual, functional and technical quality.
- Ensuring the visual quality of the project
- Working in collaboration with the art team to set up asset production processes and best practices
- Working in collaboration with the development team in creating and optimising pipelines to speed up production time and improve product performance and quality
- Delivering high-quality 3D models and textures
- Providing technical support to external partners
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced 3D Generalist Artist with an aptitude for communication and collaboration who has at least 3 years of experience in the game industry.
- You are not afraid to push yourself out of your comfort zone
- You love to encourage innovation
- You have passion for games and technology
- A proactive individual and collaborative across teams
- Open to discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities
- Exceptional teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team
- Friendly, open minded, positive and proactive person
- Excellent knowledge of 3D Studio Max, Maya, Z-Brush, Substance and Photoshop
- 3+ years of experience in the game industry in modelling, texturing, UV mapping of environments, characters and hard surface assets
- Good knowledge of rendering pipeline
- Good knowledge of PBR materials
- Good knowledge of VFX rendering
- Good knowledge of rigging and animation principles
- Good knowledge of vehicle modelling
- Good knowledge of environment modelling
- Experience in real-time rendering systems and in managing game performance
- Strong experience with Unreal Engine
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Portfolio with some personal work showcases (Demo Reel required)
Nice to have
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Experience with laser scan or photogrammetry
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple console platforms
- Good management, communication and coaching skills
- Shipped at least one console or PC game
- Experience with Houdini
- You like travelling for business
WHAT CAN WE OFFER
- A permanent contract
- Remote working
- An industry competitive salary based on your qualifications and in line with experience
- A friendly environment where curiosity and proactivity are championed
- A cutting-edge development environment with access to the latest technologies
- A creative and collaborative work environment
- An exciting high-profile project
- High quality game development equipment
- Flexible start and end times to the working day
- Monthly project and studio updates
- Mentoring and regular one on one catch-ups with team members
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
Supernova is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better game experience for our players.