We are looking to grow our small but talented team, to build a fast-growing studio that can deliver best in class games, through the use of cutting-edge technology and innovation.
As an Unreal Engine focused studio, we are excited to build our technology based on the latest Unreal Engine 5 features so we are looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us achieve our goals.
To fulfil this mission, we are looking for a talented Game Designer who is going to play a key role in the development of an upcoming PC & Console game. This is a remote first position and is an exceptional opportunity to become part of an innovative team composed by talented, creative and technically proficient developers.
This role requires the highest levels of passion and commitment, as well as exceptional technical ability.
As a Game Designer, you will form a core part of a small but experienced team on a new project. You will have the chance to join us at the early stages of a game and contribute to the shape and direction it takes. You will be responsible for designing and implementing game features.
- Working with the design team to shape the game vision across different areas (systems, UX/UI, levels, gameplay)
- Writing complete, precise and high-quality game design documentation
- Working closely with the development team to provide design vision and support
- Prototyping, testing and balancing game features
- Level design
- Data entry and management of game database
- Game tuning
- Working in collaboration with outsourcers and external partners
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Game Designer with an aptitude for communication and collaboration who has at least 3 years of experience in the game industry.
- You are not afraid to push yourself out of your comfort zone
- You love to encourage innovation
- You have passion for games and technology
- A proactive individual and collaborative across teams
- Open to discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities
- Exceptional teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team
- Friendly, open minded, positive and proactive person
- Experience in game design and game tuning
- Shipped at least one console or PC game
- Experience with Unreal Engine and game design tools such as the Adobe Suite, SketchUp, Visio, Axure
- Experience in designing progression systems, gameplay loops and core mechanics
- Good oral and written communication in English
- You like travelling for busines
- Passion for motorsport
Nice to have
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Experience in scripting
- Experience in language localisation or localisation tools such as XLOC
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple console platforms
- Good management, communication and coaching skills
- Basic knowledge of 3D modelling tools
WHAT CAN WE OFFER
- A permanent contract
- Remote working
- An industry competitive salary based on your qualifications and in line with experience
- A friendly environment where curiosity and proactivity are championed
- A cutting-edge development environment with access to the latest technologies
- A creative and collaborative work environment
- An exciting high-profile project
- High quality game development equipment
- Flexible start and end times to the working day
- Monthly project and studio updates
- Mentoring and regular one on one catch-ups with team members
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
Supernova is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better game experience for our players.