We are looking to grow our small but talented team, to build a fast-growing studio that can deliver best in class games, through the use of cutting-edge technology and innovation.
As an Unreal Engine focused studio, we are excited to build our technology based on the latest Unreal Engine 5 features so we are looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us achieve our goals.
To fulfil this mission, we are looking for a talented Level Designer who is going to play a key role in the development of an upcoming PC & Console game. This is a remote first position and is an exceptional opportunity to become part of an innovative team composed by talented, creative and technically proficient developers.
This role requires the highest levels of passion and commitment, as well as exceptional technical ability.
As a Level Designer, you will form a core part of a small but experienced team on a new project. You will have the chance to join us at the early stages of a game and contribute to the shape and direction it takes. You will be responsible for designing and building game levels.
- Realising game levels using 3DS Max and Unreal Engine
- Working in collaboration with the 3D artists to bring the levels from prototype to final polish
- Integrating content such as AI and gameplay elements into the levels
- Supporting the team in scouting locations and collecting references
- Working in collaboration with the design team to shape the game vision across different areas (systems, UX/UI, levels, gameplay)
- Writing complete, precise and high-quality game design documentation
- Prototyping, testing and balancing game features
- Working in collaboration with outsourcers and external partners
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Level Designer with an aptitude for communication and collaboration who has at least 3 years of experience in the game industry.
- You are not afraid to push yourself out of your comfort zone
- You love to encourage innovation
- You have passion for games and technology
- A proactive individual and collaborative across teams
- Open to discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities
- Exceptional teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team
- Friendly, open minded, positive and proactive person
- Experience working in a level design position
- Experience with Unreal Engine, 3D Studio Max and game design tools
- Experience in designing progression systems, gameplay loops and core mechanics
- Experience developing AAA titles on multiple console platforms
- Good oral and written communication in English
- You like travelling for business
Nice to have
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Experience with photogrammetry or laser scan
- Shipped at least one console or PC game
- Experience in scripting
- Passion for motorsport
WHAT CAN WE OFFER
- A permanent contract
- Remote working
- An industry competitive salary based on your qualifications and in line with experience
- A friendly environment where curiosity and proactivity are championed
- A cutting-edge development environment with access to the latest technologies
- A creative and collaborative work environment
- An exciting high-profile project
- High quality game development equipment
- Flexible start and end times to the working day
- Monthly project and studio updates
- Mentoring and regular one on one catch-ups with team members
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
Supernova is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better game experience for our players.