We are looking to grow our small but talented team, to build a fast-growing studio that can deliver best in class games, through the use of cutting-edge technology and innovation.
As an Unreal Engine focused studio, we are excited to build our technology based on the latest Unreal Engine 5 features so we are looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us achieve our goals.
To fulfil this mission, we are looking for a talented Online Programmer who is going to play a key role in the development of an upcoming PC & Console game. This is a remote first position and is an exceptional opportunity to become part of an innovative team composed by talented, creative and technically proficient developers.
This role requires the highest levels of passion and commitment, as well as exceptional technical ability.
As an Online Programmer, you will form a core part of a small but experienced team on a new project. You will have the chance to join us at the early stages of a game and contribute to the shape and direction it takes.
You will mainly work on the latest backend technologies, ranging from server applications to databases and infrastructure.
- Designing, writing and testing efficient code that meets high quality criteria
- Working closely with the game design team, department leads and other programmers to implement online features
- Designing, maintaining and testing server infrastructure based on Amazon AWS (or similar systems)
- Implementing online backend systems like user login, leaderboards, UGC management, matchmaking, voice chat etc.
- Ensuring integration between servers and game clients
- Implementing and maintaining anti-cheat and anti-hack systems
- Implementing automatic scaling systems
- Monitoring online services and improving the quality of the online user experience during game lifespan
- Participating in the full development cycle of console and PC games, starting from prototypes through to release
- Feature estimation and reporting to Team Lead
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Online Programmer with an aptitude for communication and collaboration who has at least 3 years of experience in the game industry.
- You are not afraid to push yourself out of your comfort zone
- You love to encourage innovation
- You have passion for games and technology
- A proactive individual and collaborative across teams
- Open to discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities
- Exceptional teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team
- Friendly, open minded, positive and proactive person
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Excellent Java/C# programming skills
- Excellent database programming skills
- Strong knowledge of the Unreal Engine
- Strong knowledge of Amazon AWS (or similar systems)
- Strong knowledge of the latest backend technologies, including server applications, databases and infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of console online architectures (PSN, XboxLive)
- Understanding of programming algorithms and multithreading on CPUs
- Proven experience in PC & console development with at least two shipped titles
- Strong problem solving, conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
- Proficient in English
- Computer engineering or computer science degree
- Portfolio with some personal work showcases (github, demos etc.)
Nice to have
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Experience mentoring team members and aiding in their development
WHAT CAN WE OFFER
- A permanent contract
- Remote working
- An industry competitive salary based on your qualifications and in line with experience
- A friendly environment where curiosity and proactivity are championed
- A cutting-edge development environment with access to the latest technologies
- A creative and collaborative work environment
- An exciting high-profile project
- High quality game development equipment
- Flexible start and end times to the working day
- Monthly project and studio updates
- Mentoring and regular one on one catch-ups with team members
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
Supernova is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better game experience for our players.