We are looking to grow our small but talented team, to build a fast-growing studio that can deliver best in class games, through the use of cutting-edge technology and innovation.
As an Unreal Engine focused studio, we are excited to build our technology based on the latest Unreal Engine 5 features so we are looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us achieve our goals.
To fulfil this mission, we are looking for a talented Physics Programmer who is going to play a key role in the development of an upcoming PC & Console game. This is a remote first position and is an exceptional opportunity to become part of an innovative team composed by talented, creative and technically proficient developers.
This role requires the highest levels of passion and commitment, as well as exceptional technical ability.
As a Physiscs Programmer, you will form a core part of a small but experienced team on a new project. You will have the chance to join us at the early stages of a game and contribute to the shape and direction it takes. You will be working on physics-based systems such as vehicle dynamics, object deformation, collisions and more to work towards the realism in the feel of the studio’s games.
- Working on the development and maintenance of vehicle dynamics and physics simulation framework
- Working closely with the game design team, department leads and other programmers to implement physics features
- Writing clean, robust and modular code that respects coding standards
- Improving development process by developing tools and offering advice
- Participating in the full development cycle of console and PC games, starting from prototypes through to release
- Feature estimation and reporting to Team Lead
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Physics Programmer with an aptitude for communication and collaboration who has at least 3 years of experience in the game industry.
- You are not afraid to push yourself out of your comfort zone
- You love to encourage innovation
- You have passion for games and technology
- A proactive individual and collaborative across teams
- Open to discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities
- Exceptional teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team
- Friendly, open minded, positive and proactive person
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Strong knowledge of the Unreal Engine
- Strong knowledge of Epic Gameplay Framework
- Strong physics and 3D maths skills
- Experience with advanced physics and vehicle dynamics simulation techniques
- Familiarity with existing physics packages including hands-on experience with PhysX, Havok, Ode or similar
- Understanding of programming algorithms and multithreading on CPUs
- Strong knowledge of console architectures and optimisation techniques
- Proven experience in PC & console development with at least two shipped titles
- Strong problem solving, conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
- Proficient in English
- Computer engineering or computer science degree
- Portfolio with some personal work showcases (github, demos etc.)
- Passion for motorsport
Nice to have
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Experience mentoring team members and aiding in their development
- Knowledge of third-party engines
WHAT CAN WE OFFER
- A permanent contract
- Remote working
- An industry competitive salary based on your qualifications and in line with experience
- A friendly environment where curiosity and proactivity are championed
- A cutting-edge development environment with access to the latest technologies
- A creative and collaborative work environment
- An exciting high-profile project
- High quality game development equipment
- Flexible start and end times to the working day
- Monthly project and studio updates
- Mentoring and regular one on one catch-ups with team members
- Dedicated training time for self-improvement
Supernova is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better game experience for our players.